Maybe the bride and the groom already have a good picture of what they will wear as they both take their places at the altar. However, thinking of their engagement photo shoot outfits can actually be a much trickier task! If you are still on the fence about what to wear for engagement photos, read through our guide to pick out a no-fail rack of outfit changes for the perfect love photos!
What to Wear for Engagement Photos-The Couple to Be
What to Wear for Engagement Photos-Girls
What to Wear for Engagement Photos-Guys
What Not to Wear for Engagement Photos
The Couple to Be
- Do not wear exactly matching outfits. You do NOT want to be known as the Oompa Loompa couple.
- Do not wear brand new clothes. You will be uncomfortable and full of regret.
- Do not wear clothes that restrict your movement. You will only have yourself to blame if you can’t do a certain pose or the dress accidentally rips.
- Do not wear clothes with large patterns or logos. This often just washes you out.
- Do not wear neon colors. It will look strange down the road when you pick up your old wedding album – you should have kept it simple.
- Do not forget the ring. Remember to include the ring in your engagement photos – emphasis on engagement!
- Do not wear clothes that are too trendy. Girls with a good fashion sense probably don’t worry much about what to wear for engagement photos. But remember that clothes for engagement photos should include classy and timeless pieces, not fads that could die out soon.
- Do not wear fussy earrings. They will just get into the way and obscure your lovely face.
- Do not wear super short skirt. This will be difficult to move in and can potentially create underwear peek-a-boo moments.
- Do not make major change to your hair and makeup. You still want to look like yourself, first and foremost, so make-up should be light and enhancing only.
- Do not wear white socks that peek out of your pants. That’s a fashion mistake! It not only looks wrong, but will make people think you were born yesterday. What a faux pas!
- Do not wear T-shirts and old tennis shoes. This is just absolutely too casual and will look strange within your wedding slideshows and photo albums.
- Do not wear large shirts. These large shirts just wash you out and make you look less confident. Get proper fits and you should be fine.