Yes, if you go back in history there were superstitions on a lot of different things. One of the beliefs goes to the wedding flowers used. Here are some of the flowers and the meanings that were believed to be associate with them.
- Chrysanthemums – This flower was used to show truth.
- Clover– Clovers have always been a sign of good luck. It didn’t even require a four-leaf clover.
- Daisies – Daisies have a meaning of gentleness.
- Fern – Fascination has been incorporated with using fern.
- Forget-me-nots – True love is strong with the forget-me-nots as part of your wedding flower bouquet.
- Ivy – Ivy has the sign of fidelity associated with it.
- Red Roses – Red roses are a sign of everlasting love. Red roses have always been a favorite of many brides
- White Roses – The white rose is a symbol of innocent love. White roses are carried by many brides as a sign of purity.
- Yellow Roses – Devotion and friendship have been the meaning of the yellow roses.
- Red and white roses together are a sign of unity. When a bride carries red and white roses she declares an everlasting love that is pure.
Although these are the meaning of these flowers according to old superstition, many brides choose flowers that are in season. By taking the flowers that are in bloom at your wedding time, you will save money and have nicer looking wedding flowers.
The flowers that are in season include:
- Spring – A good choice for your spring wedding would be tulips or daffodils. These can be in beautiful, bright colors. Tulips are so varied today that you are sure to find something that will be perfect for your colors.
- Summer – Oh yes, roses are prominent during the summer months. If you have relatives with roses, they will be in bloom during the summer months. You may even find a bouquet ready for the picking.
- Fall – The wildflowers come out this time of year. A fun playful arrangement can be made with wildflowers.
- Winter – All yes the carnations can be used for these months. Carnations are a strong flower and you can even dye them if you can’t find the color you like.
Flowers are an important part of your wedding. I hope this gives you some idea of the flowers you can use. If you are using live flowers you will want to consider what is in season. By having the flowers that are in bloom you will save money. You will also have the nicest looking flowers. Just as buying tomatoes in the winter, you won’t get near the taste as if you bought them in the summer when they are plentiful. They will cost more in the winter, but the taste isn’t like summer. Flowers are the same.
Pretty flowers will be those in season. Enjoy your special day with nice wedding flowers.