Are you planning to wear those short wedding dresses that would show off your killer legs and make you stand out among the other brides? Short dresses are getting popular these days although they may not be the first or the number one option for many brides. But if you are holding a modern wedding and you want to avoid something traditional, wearing the short dress is possible – and highly possible.
Some of the Important Tips
Of course, there are some supporting elements that you need to consider about. After all, the short dress isn’t your regular ‘pick of the day clothes’ so you will need to spend extra time to make the solid decision – and the smart one too. Here are some things you need to think about carefully when you decide to wear one of those short wedding dresses.
- Think about the weather. If you are planning a summer wedding, wearing one of those sleeveless dresses with tube style or the one with the spaghetti straps will be okay. But when you are planning an autumn or even a winter wedding, you may want to consider choosing one with elbow-length sleeves or even a full sleeved dress.
- Think about location as it is also important. If you have a summer wedding on the open air – such as outdoor wedding or the park-themed wedding – you want to choose something light and airy. It’s going to be hot, anyway. On the other hand, when you are having an outdoor wedding during the autumn or winter, you may want to choose a heavier dress. Heavy in terms of the fabric, which is thicker – not layered. Those are two different terms so make sure that you know how to differentiate them.
Don’t forget that your body type and body proportion also plays a crucial role in this matter. If you are tall with long legs, you are basically free to choose any dress you like. Some may go with the ¾ length – which can look like the office skirt if you don’t plan it right. Some may go just a little below the knee – which is pretty elegant and beautiful. If you are petite, it would be better to choose something just a little above the knee. The keyword here is ‘just a little’ so you don’t want to choose the dress with too short cut.
Other Important Elements and Factors
There are other crucial factors that you need to address when you want to choose the right dress, especially the one with shorter skirt.
- Is it a one piece or a two piece gown? Nowadays, having the two piece dress is possible as it is getting popular. If you decide to go with the two piece option, make sure that the top is totally matching to the skirt.
- The cut of the skirt. Some skirts are pretty basic and standard with the regular cutting while some may have this asymmetrical cut where the front is shorter than the back. If you decide to go with this option, make sure that the back isn’t too long. It would be odd, anyway.
- Your legs. Every lady can wear the short dress despite their flaws concerning the legs, or the length, or whatever it is you have. Just be sure that you choose the one that can enhance your assets and hide your flaws.
Keep in mind that the types of material also play a crucial role in this important day. If you are going to deal with windy days, you don’t want to choose a breezy and light material that can lift off your skirts. Moreover, the short dress can come with its own accents and accessories, so be sure that you choose the right type.
In the end, it is up to you to choose which type of short wedding dresses that you feel fit for your needs. Don’t hesitate to consult the wedding dress consultant if you have doubts about a dress – after all, their job is to make sure that you find the right dress and you are happy with it.