The idea of getting married is exciting in itself. Wedding is one of the most important events in the life of a person. And, when it is such an important day in one’s life, you would want every aspect of the wedding to be perfect including the wedding dress. Every bride has thought of how she wants her wedding dress to be. Colour and style can depend on the religion of the bride and the groom. In Western culture, brides choose white wedding dress. This was made popular by Queen Victoria in the 19th century. In eastern cultures, brides choose red as that is considered auspicious. The wedding dress is something that you are going to cherish for your lifetime.
As excited as you might be about buying your dress, there are a few things that one needs to remember while buying the dress.
• Have a clear picture of how you want your wedding dress to be like. Once you go to the shop, every wedding dress will seem pretty. Tell your designer how you want your dress to be and don’t be tempted by every dress.
• Do not take too many people along while shopping for the dress. Different people have different opinions. Some might like a dress which the others don’t. Take along one or two of your friends or family member who know you better. This way you can find the gown that you have always dreamt of and not feel confused and pressurised by others.
• Book an appointment. Scheduling an appointment means that you will get a complete hour of undivided attention. You might not be lucky to find a salesperson who is not busy at that moment.
• Go shopping on weekdays. People usually shop during weekends and you will be surrounded amongst a huge crowd where every bride or bridesmaid will be looking for that perfect dress. Skip work on a weekday and go shopping and you will be getting more attention from the salesperson.
• Be aware of your body type and shop accordingly. Knowing your body type – pear, full, thin, petite is the first step in finding the perfect dress for yourself. You might lose some weight for your wedding. Tell your designer what you have in mind and get the dress accordingly.
• Be aware of the hidden costs. Ask the salesperson not only about the cost of the dress but also about the extra costs that might add up with the alterations or the veil or headpiece that you plan on wearing.
We hope that this article will provide enough information about wedding dresses. So, when you buy one for yourself, you will choose the best one following the guide we have provided.