Shopping for your wedding dress can start out as one of the most exciting parts of planning a wedding but can quickly turn into one of the most frustrating experiences of your life.
When shopping for your dress keep in mind that different styles can help you create a thinner, heavier, taller or shorter look. Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect dress to flatter you figure.
Short Thin Figure
- Look for a shirtwaist or natural waist style dress with a bouffant skirt. This style will make you look taller with a fuller figure.
- Your best fabric choices are chiffon, velvet, lace, and schiffli net
Short Heavy Figure
- A Princess or A-line style dress will look great on you.
- To look taller and thinner you should avoid any clingy knit fabrics.
- Your best fabric choice is Chiffon because it creates a floating effect and will camouflage your weight.
Tall Thin Figure
- A shirtwaist or a natural waist style dress with a full skirt will look nice on you.
- If you want to appear shorter, look for a dress with tiers or flounces.
- The best fabrics for you are satin and lace.
Tall Heavy Figure
- A Princess or A-line dress is a good choice as it will slim your figure.
- Your best fabric choices are satin and lace
Remember you are perfect just the size you are. It's a great idea to order the dress in the size you are now. If you lose a few pounds before your wedding, great! Just remember, it is easier to have a dress taken in than have an inch or two added.